Wednesday, April 4, 2007

"What are you going to do with your life?"

As I strolled through the mall, I had my game plan. Grab everything, there's no such thing as price, and grab more. This is how it's always been. Life as a fashionista, ain't so easy. You find yourself getting competitive with the fellow fashionistas in your high school. You find that your mood frequently swings depending on your outfit. An unhappy habit, yes, but an addictive one. Clothes are my crack.

And as my dad stared me in the eye, I sort of, well, panicked. "What the hell are you going to do with your life? Do you expect to get into college?" I was speechless. I never really thought about it. And now that I do think about it, I realize, clothes are the only thing I'm good at. I mean, my sister just got into one of the best college programs in the country because she's athletic, co-editor of the school newspaper, and is taking all AP classes. I do fashion. Zac Posen. Coco Chanel. YSL. Fashion, is what I live for. As cliche as it may sound, I just...love clothes.










No comments: